The John P. McGovern Summer Reading Program
June 1, 2020 – August 31, 2020
Imagine Your Story with the Houston Public Library! Receive a free book just for registering. Summer Reading Program registration opens May 1, 2020. Earn more free books and pins by reaching reading goals.
- Click the "Register Today" button and follow the prompts.
- Make sure to add an email address to your account, so we can contact you regarding prize pick up!
- Log in anytime starting June 1st to track your reading.
- Unlock virtual badges by logging 20 minutes of reading a day.
- Anything you read counts!* It’s easy to unlock virtual badges and earn books** by reading just 20 minutes a day for 10 days!
An adult who registers for the Summer Reading Program for Grown-Ups with a youth participant who completes the Summer Reading Program will receive a free book.**
*Audiobooks, comic books, magazines, and more – it all counts as reading!
**We will send you an email with book choices and instructions for picking them up in August.
Watch our video to see how easy it is to register for the Summer Reading Program!
Now that you have registered for the Summer Reading Program, find out how to log your reading in Beanstack!
This program was generously sponsored by the Houston Public Library Foundation and the John P. McGovern Foundation.