Aim for the Stars!
Our annual Summer Reading Program for kids, tweens and teens is here! Sign up, read, log, review and win awesome prizes!
Register! Read! Reap the Rewards!
What is Summer Reading Program (SRP)?
It is a free incentive-based program to encourage kids and teens to read and explore various library programs including diverse, free educational and fun programs for kids and teens up to 18 years of age.
When does it start and end?
SRP runs from June 1 – August 1, 2016. Registration begins June 1 and continues through the end of the program.
How do I register?
You can register at any Houston Public Library location, online from your home computer or a mobile device.
How do I participate?
READ or listen to books, enter book titles or time read online and in your Badge Log Booklet (make sure to ask for one at your HPL location). Visit your local Houston Public Library to pick up your prize at the 5, 10, 20 and 30 book level. Download the 2016 Log & Activites booklet!
ATTEND fun and exciting programs and workshops. Participate in at least 5 library programs to earn additional prizes!
What are the prizes?
- Register for SRP and earn a free book*
- 5 books read - HPL ribbon and a Chipotle meal coupon
- 10 books read - Houston Dynamo or Dash game ticket
- 20 books read - Houston Astros game ticket
- 30 books read - HPL Summer Reading Amazing Reading Trophy
- Attend 5 programs for a Children’s Museum of Houston coupon
What is the Grand Prize?
Keep reading and be one of the Top 2 Readers per location to earn an AWESOME BIKE (provided by CYCLE #readtoride).
Families Can Win Prizes Too!
Parents and caregivers can read this summer too! Sign up for the Summer Reading for Grown Ups and get a chance to be one of the 100 families to win a FAMILY SUMMER READING PRIZE pack.
To win a family prize, the youth SRP participant must reach the 30 book badge level. The parent or caregiver must complete 1 adult book review and 1 children’s book review.
Family prizes include:
- Two tickets to the Health Museum
- Tickets to the Houston Museum of Natural Science Cockrell Butterfly Center*
- Raising Cane’s coupon
- Tickets to the Bike Museum
*while supplies last
Summer Reading Program Registration begins June 1!
- Enter your short story or poetry
- Show your creativity
- Win prizes
- Contest dates: June 1 - July 30, 2016
HPL is hosting lunch at several locations throughout the summer. Get a chance to have a healthy meal, while earning badges for reading your summer books and participating in one of our fun SRP activities.