***Please note we will resume this service at a later time when we have resumed normal operations. We aplogize for any inconvenience.***
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service that lets current library card holders borrow materials from other libraries around Texas as well as other US libraries.
- Check your ILL account. We recommend Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari. The ILL website doesn't work well in Google Chrome.
- Maximum number of active requests is five (5). This includes pending requests and items currently checked out.
- ILL items are subject to standard Houston Public Library fines and fees for overdue, damaged and/or lost materials.
- To request and receive ILL items, you must have a current Houston Public Library card in good standing.
- ILL materials must be checked out with your Houston Public Library card.
- Requests for items owned by Houston Public Library will be canceled even if the material is available for library-use only.
- Check out period is three (3) weeks with No Renewals.
- ILL requests will count towards the 30 hold limit on Houston Public Library materials. If an ILL request is received when a customer has 30 holds, the ILL cannot be processed. The customer will be notified that a hold must be cleared for the ILL request to be received.
- Begin by searching the Texas Group Catalog.
- ILL materials may take two to six weeks to arrive. If you have questions about your request, contact the ILL department at 832-393-1447.