Saturday, October 15, 2016 | 6:30 PM - 10 PM
Central Library | 500 McKinney St., 77002
Join us for an evening of chills, thrills and fun…if you dare!
Youth ages 10-15 are invited to a screamingly good time at our annual after-hours event. The evening includes dinner, games and crafts, contests and of course, a Ghost Walk through the historic and haunted Julia Ideson Building. A chance to win lots of prizes, such as a GoPro camera and more!!! Must be present to win. Costumes are encouraged but not required.
Night of Chills and Thrills!
We'll start the night in the Central Library with many activities including:
- Costume Contest
- Scream Queen Contest
- Mad Scientist Laughter Contest
- Relay races
- Scary movies
- And of course, the Ghost Walk of the Haunted Library. Is it really haunted? Judge for yourself!
You must download and complete all 3 Scream In documents. Original signatures are required.
- Registration and Permission Form
- Teen Agreement
- Release, Indemnity and Hold Harmless Agreement
- Media Release Form
Submit all 3 completed and signed forms to:
Central Library, Attention: Teen Services (Rebecca Denham)
If you have any questions, please call 832-393-1692.
- Attendees must arrive no later than 6:15 PM and must stay for the entire evening, until 10 PM.
- Attendees are to be dropped off at the Central Library’s dock, located in the underground parking lot.
- Parents or caregivers will be provided with a coupon to enjoy an evening out in downtown upon arrival.
- All attendees are to be picked up at the Central Library’s dock, located in the underground parking lot no later than 10:30 PM.
Registration and permission forms must be completed by a parent or legal guardian. Original signatures are required on all permission forms and must be submitted to HPL Central Library prior to the event. Forms may be submitted when teen is dropped off on day of event. A teen will not be allowed to stay for the event if all permission forms are not completed and submitted.