7th Annual Children’s Book Celebration Contest
Deadline: Saturday, April 30, 2016
Winners will be notified by Saturday, May 7, 2016.
Me and My (Imaginary) Friend Contest
Open to Children in Grades K - 6
Children in grades K through 6 are invited to submit a photo strip of themselves with their Imaginary Friend inspired by one of the many books written by the award-winning, world-famous author and illustrator Dan Santat! Imaginary Friends can be created by using any art medium and participants will then take creative photos with their imaginary friend and submit a digital photo strip for consideration. Read contest rules and submission guidelines below.
Dan Santat has sold more than 11 million books, including Caldecott Award winning The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend, Are We There Yet? He is also the illustrator for the Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot series.
Enter to Win!
Fifty winners and one adult guest with each winner will be treated to a catered lunch with author and illustrator Dan Santat and also receive an autographed copy of The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is scheduled to take place prior to the kickoff of the 7th Annual BOOKS ALIVE! Children’s Book Celebration on Saturday, May 14, 2016.
Here's What You Need To Do!
- Create your very own imaginary friend using any art medium for a unique photo booth experience!
- Strike a pose with your imaginary friend and submit a photo strip using the INSTA BOOTH app!
- Contest is open to children in grades K - 6. Submissions accepted via email.
- Photos will be judged on creativity of poses with your imaginary friend.
- One person per entry and one entry per person.
*INSTA BOOTH is free to download and can be used at home, school or at your HPL Neighoborhood Library.
- Participants must be children in grades K-6
- Photos of contestant with their imaginary friend should be taken using the Insta Booth free app, using the "original" filter (i.e. no special filter).
- 3 picture vertical photo strip should be used.
- If you do not have access to a smart device, you may have your photos taken at any HPL location.
- Submissions should be saved or renamed using this format:
- Child's full name_Child's Grade_Parent's Name_Email or Phone Number
- Example 1: DonnieGold_1_LeighGold_832-393-1313
- Example 2: DonnieGold_1_LeighGold_lgold@iluvbooks.com
- Email submissions to email@example.com.
- Submission deadline is Saturday, April 30, 2016. Winners will be notified by Saturday, May 7, 2016.