- Stine started writing when he was 9 years old. He would write stories and jokes on an old typewriter and hand them out at school. “The teacher would grab them and take them away,” Stine says, “but I kept doing it.
- So far, R. L. Stine has written over 300 books, and he is still writing!
- To unwind after work (writing) he enjoys playing the pinball machine conveniently located in his own apartment.
- His favorite thriller? Something Wicked This Way Comes, by Ray Bradbury.
- R. L. Stine does not get scared. Horror makes him laugh. He does not have nightmares. He says he dreams about bologna sandwiches.