Meet Houston's Authors
I became a writer because I wanted to write stories that kids my age could relate to about issues in life. I have been writing since I was 7 years old. I'm only 11 years old so being a student first is my main focus and then author and athlete second.I have gotten the opportunity to meet Houston’s Mayor Sylvester Turner and was interviewed on Houston’s KTRK Channel 13. I was also asked to speak at the Barbara Bush Tribute at Houston’s City Hall. Follow me on Facebook and Instagram!
I became a writer because I felt I has a story to tell. I wanted to encourage others that may not have had a good upbringing to know that you could still overcome life challenges. I chose to do it through fictional stories, so I could truly express many of the trials and tribulations people face daily. I wrote my first book when I was 26 years old.
Writing has always been a part of my life in little instances. Whether I was writing poems, journal entries day to day, essays for classes, anything of that nature. I have always felt like writing and expressing myself has been a self-care tactic for me and another form of expressing myself. My book started as a diary/journal entry that I was doing daily while dealing with some difficult transitions in my life.
Submit your own material:
- Must reside in the nine county Houston Metropolitan Area
- Harris County, Fort Bend County, Montgomery County, Brazoria County, Galveston County, Liberty County, Waller County, Chambers County and Austin County
- If submitting an e-book
- It must be in ePUB or PDF format
- You must have a cover image with a thumbnail version of the cover image.
- If submitting a physical book, once you have completed the form, mail the book to
Houston, TX 77002
- Or bring the book in person to Central Library.
Independent Author Showcase
We will host an inaugural event tentatively set for November 2019.