Meet Houston's Authors
My first book is Parents Against Predators. I am the founder of Parents Against Predators 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and have a partnership with Houston Police Department Executive Chief Finner. You can find me on social media at Parents Against Predators Houston.
Ve Ce Dottie
I started to write greeting cards for my friends after being wheel-chair bound and confined to my home recovering from a spinal injury. I direct the non-profit Tis the Season With a Special Kind of Reason, Inc. I enjoy public speaking and giving back to underserved communities and am currently working on my next book.
I became a writer because I had so much I wanted to say, but was too shy to speak it, so I decided to write about it. I took interest in writing in the 8th grade when I began to write stories. From theory I've written several scripts and a few blogs. I’ve written/directed and produced a story about Acres homes called 100 Years Later.
- Must reside in the nine county Houston Metropolitan Area
- Harris County, Fort Bend County, Montgomery County, Brazoria County, Galveston County, Liberty County, Waller County, Chambers County and Austin County
- If submitting an e-book
- It must be in ePUB or PDF format
- You must have a cover image with a thumbnail version of the cover image.
- If submitting a physical book, once you have completed the form, mail the book to
Houston, TX 77002
- Or bring the book in person to Central Library.
Independent Author Showcase
We will host an inaugural event tentatively set for December 2019.