Non-resident Library Card
- $20/six months
- Fee is waived for residents of the State of Texas
Overdue Items (Checkout Period is three weeks)
- Adult items $0.20/day
- Young adult items $0.20/day
- Juvenile items $0.10/day
- Non-circulating Items $1.00/day
- Non-refundable transaction fee for online credit card payments $0.50
Replacement fee - item cost plus
- Processing fee $10/item
- Partial processing fee* $5/item
Laptops & iPads** - in library use only
- Checkout Period: 2 Hours
- Overdue Fine: $25/hour (or any part thereof)
- Replacement Fee: item cost ($1500 for laptops, $699 for iPads)
- Processing fee: $150
* Items requiring partial processing include uncataloged paperbacks
**iPads are available in select locations only at this time
- $2/request + $1/page scanned or copied 'fee applies to obituaries or any document the library scans and delivers via e-mail or through the USPS. Special Collections fees may vary. Payment is due upon completion of the request.'
- The following items are available at all locations, with the exception of Fifth Ward Neighborhood Library and HPL Express Discovery Green.
- Reusable bags: $2. Earbuds: $3. Flash drives (8 GB): $8
- Replacement fee if lost/damaged: $80 + $10 processing fee
- Damaged case/charger/cord: $10 per item
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I pay my library fines and fees online?
Go to "My Account" link on the catalog page. Enter your library card number and PIN, click the "Fines" tab.
What forms of payment are accepted for online payments?
MasterCard, Visa, and Discover cards.
Is a service fee charged when paying fines online?
$0.50 charge per transaction.
HPL uses ProPay.
Is there a minimum fine amount that can be paid online?
There is a $1 minimum fine that can be paid online.